The AQHA Professional Horsemen Association is an elite group of trustworthy horse experts.
AQHA Professional Horsemen are qualified trainers who can help you and your horse establish a productive relationship with each other. These AQHA member trainers specialize in preparing you for entering your horse into competitions.
AQHA is dedicated to helping you find the right trainer for your specific needs, from general training assistance to professionals specializing in specific disciplines, such as cutting, barrel racing, western pleasure, working hunter and racing.
Choose your preferred discipline, and see all the help we have available for you! With any luck, you might find an AQHA Professional Horseman just down your street!
AQHA Professional Horsemen Code of Ethics
We the members of the American Quarter Horse Association of Professional Horsemen in carrying out our role of providing service to the American Quarter Horse industry, recognize the need to do so in a professional manner, and to deal with the public and our colleagues with the highest degree of integrity. Therefore, we have set forth the following creed which shall govern our endeavors to fulfill our obligations:
- To adhere to the professional standards of the American Quarter Horse Association and to work to further its goals and objectives.
- To ensure that the welfare of the American Quarter Horse is paramount and that every American Quarter Horse shall at all times be treated humanely and with dignity, respect and compassion.
- To conduct all business affairs with integrity, sincerity and accuracy in an open and forth right manner.
- To act with integrity in financial dealings with clients, other professionals and the public. In this regard, any horse shown by my spouse, client or child will be economically owned as prescribed by applicable rules.
- To fully disclose to customers the actual sales price and commissions involved in the sale or purchase of a horse.
- To not charge or receive a monetary commission, or other remuneration constituting a commission from both the buyer and seller of a horse.
- To handle our business and operations in a manner which promotes the image of the American Quarter Horse industry.
- To instill confidence among clients and the public in the American Quarter Horse industry, avoiding any action conducive to discrediting it or membership in the American Quarter Horse Association.
Whether you're a beginner or a seasoned show person, the key to success in the show ring is proper training-for both your horse and you. Not everyone has the time or expertise to develop a horse or a rider to their full potential. You may need the help of a professional. This is where AQHA provides members with another valuable service; we can help match you with a professional who fits your needs.
At no cost to you, we will provide you with a list of professionals who are located near you, who have a special expertise in your event, or who specialize in youth, amateur or open competition. Whether you're just getting started or looking to advance to a new level-we can help match you to the right person.
But best of all, you have peace of mind knowing that the pros we refer to you have demonstrated the highest standards of personal and professional integrity. We only refer qualified members of the American Quarter Horse Association of Professional Horsemen. That's important because only those pros who have met the qualifications of the AQHA Professional Horsemen and who have agreed to be bound by its code of ethics are eligible for membership.
Most importantly, these are individuals who share as much a passion for the work they do as they do for your horse, the American Quarter Horse.
Not ready to take the serious jump to training with an AQHA Professional Horseman? Take a good first step with AQHA Educational Alliance Partner Certified Horsemanship Association.
What is CHA?
CHA, a nonprofit organization in operation since 1967, is based out of the Kentucky Horse Park in Lexington, Kentucky. It is the largest international horsemanship instructor certifying organization in North America. The purpose of CHA is to promote excellence in safety and horsemanship education for the benefit of the horse industry. CHA is one of AQHA's educational marketing alliance partners.
This is accomplished by not only certifying instructors, but also accrediting equine facilities, publishing educational manuals and producing events for the horse industry. CHA certification does not mandate any particular teaching style or method but evaluates instruction on the basis of being safe, effective and fun.
Learn more at (800) 399-0138 or www.CHA-ahse.org